You can access the free webcast by clicking here (free registration is required).
K&L Gates partner Marty Stern joined co-host Jim Baller, together with guests Cecilia Kang, Communications Industry Journalist, the Washington Post, Gigi Sohn, President, Public Knowledge, Jeffrey Silva, Senior Policy Director, TMT, Medley Global Advisors, and Scott Cleland, President, the Precursor Group, for a lively and provocative review of 2010, particularly of the day-old FCC net neutrality decision, and for some bold predictions for 2011.
The National Broadband Plan, the Broadband Stimulus, the Comcast decision, the Google gigabit initiative, White Spaces, Comcast-NBCU, the first steps toward spectrum and Universal Service reform, the changing face of Congress, the FCC’s long-awaited net neutrality decision, and many other significant developments have made 2010 an unforgettable year for broadband in America and have set the stage for another remarkable year in 2011.
An expert panel, moderated by Broadband US TV co-hosts Marty Stern and Jim Baller, delved into these and other issues, examining developments over the last year, and discussing what we can expect in 2011 in this live, interactive webcast. As usual, viewers had an opportunity to submit questions to panelists throughout the webcast.
This webcast is the latest in Broadband US TV’s Broadband Policy Series/Inside Voices on Critical Choices, which tackles major issues in the broadband field. The programs present high-profile speakers of differing views and elicit lively, spirited and balanced debate. Recent programs in the series include:
- Spurring Adoption and Use of Broadband, originally webcast October 7, 2010. Watch the program by clicking here.
- The Community Broadband – A Blessing or Curse?, originally webcast July 29, 2010. Watch the program by clicking here.
- The Net Neutrality/Open Internet Debate – What’s Next, What’s the End Game?, originally webcast May 27, 2010. Watch the program by clicking here.
- Broadcast v. Broadband: You Decide, originally webcast March 10, 2010. Watch the program by clicking here.
- Broadband Stimulus National Town Hall, original webcast February 12, 2010. Watch the program by clicking here.